HSKL Income & Expenditure Statement – December 2010
Our latest income and expenditure statement can be found here. The are a few good news regarding our finances:
- HSKL is officially debt free. Money owed to @spoonfork totalling RM10,209.04 have been fully paid.
- HSKL’s account is positive for the first time in many months
- We have successfully managed to keep costs low
The not so good news are:
- We still have very limited members to keep the space alive. In November, our membership count was 13, and at RM100 per person per month, that is just enough to pay for rental.
For the past two months, the most common feedback that I get from would-be new members was “RM100 per month ah? Why so expensive. Cannot afford la.” So why is RM100 so expensive per month?
But that is the wrong question to ask. The right question to ask is “Why is HSKL charging RM100 per month?“. The simple answer to that question is: we don’t have enough members. The more members we have, the less that everyone will have to pay.
The first year (almost!) of HSKL’s founding have been largely spent on developing core skills and knowledge. The handful of members that we have have accomplished so much. We started with zero knowledge on Arduino up to a point where we can design and build our own shield now. And we are slowly gaining recognition in the community.
The next step would logically, to recruit more members, and work on more interesting projects, and get everything that was planned executed. And hopefully, we will get more members and lower the membership fee.
OK, back to the accounts. Summary, since January:
- Average income per month is RM1808.67
- Average expenses per month is RM1800.92
- Balance: RM93.03
And for those who hasn’t paid their membership fees, please do so as soon as possible.