Oops, I can’t upload compiled sketch into Arduino!
This is a very common occurrence, whereby the IDE can’t communicate properly with ATmega chip.
The possible causes could be:
- Wrong chip is selected. This is a common mistake, for example, ATmega328 is selected in IDE but the target board has an ATmega168.
- Wrong com port is selected. Pay attention if you have other serial devices such as USB modem or Bluetooth dongle connected.
- Serial port communication fail. FT232 (USB to serial converter) is damaged, which hinder the communication between the IDE and ATmega chip.
- Bootloader (Firmware) is corrupted. This rarely happens yet it’s still probable. We will talk more on this in future.
- ATmega is damaged. Tough luck. Buy a new one.
- Manual reset is selected instead of Auto reset. This only applies to older Arduino NG or some others ‘duino with manual / auto reset selection.