Organizing Events at HackerspaceKL
This is ripped from http://hackerspace.be/Roundtable_Workshop_Format. Events can be anything – they can either fit in the Hacking Tuesdays, Coding Thursdays, Electronic Fridays or any other day.
- Create the content for the event
- Make sure the content is descriptive
- Leave out the date and time if it is not set yet
- Add your events to Events page.
Fix a date
- Plan an event at most two week’s in advance, at least a week in advance.
- Promote the event via HackerspaceKL’s blog, Twitter account, and mailing list. Ask Arzumy or spoonfork to help you with this if you don’t have access to the blog.
- As an event planner, you don’t have to conduct the event yourself, unless you chose to
- Find an expert, ask around
- But, it is better if the member(s) can be the subject matter expert
- If you are organizing a workshop that requires limited participation, create a Google form for registration
- Events are for members only, but if you are planning to open it for non-members, decide on some sort of payment/donation
- Members always have the first priority to join the event
- Post a short write-up of the event in the blog